Australian Gun Master
Australian Gun Master
Australian Gun Master
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Gun Master, Dedicated BF3 Server.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Gun Master
Introduce Yourself B_160_400_2_ffffff_c5c5c5_ff9900_000000_1_1_1
Operation Firestorm
Introduce Yourself B_160_400_0_2B80BF_070303_889E47_000000_1_1_1
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Introduce Yourself
Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 10:35 am by Deekoy1958

» New High Ping Filters
Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:06 am by Deekoy1958

» Banned Or Kicked?
Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:11 am by Deekoy1958

» Queensland/Brisbane/etc
Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 9:52 am by Comet

» Servers
Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:41 am by Fuggered

» G'day all!
Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:43 pm by Comet

» Pre-Ordered yet?
Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:02 pm by Comet

» SERVER MAINTENANCE - Migrating
Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 7:18 pm by Comet

» Adding New Maps.
Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 7:07 am by Comet

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Introduce Yourself

Go down 
+6
303i
rexkicker
Deekoy1958
zeroffsignal
n0body_special
Comet
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Comet
Admin
Comet

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:43 am

Well,
I'm Comet, play as D4RTH F4RQU
I'm from Adelaide, 27, and engaged to Enelya. We're awesome.

-Comet
Back to top Go down
https://ausgunmaster.forumotion.com
n0body_special

n0body_special

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:51 am

Hi All,

I'm n0body_special
I play as n0body_special
I'm not from Adelaide, not 27, not engaged to Enelya, but consider myself awesome What a Face 

I live on the Gold Coast,  old, very old (45) and could possibly be married - there is some strange lady in my house who thinks she is my wife, but the Alzheimers keeps kicking in so I'm not sure 

- love the gun game bounce
Back to top Go down
Comet
Admin
Comet

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Haha! its nice to meet you! Your avatar makes me think you're a juggalo Razz

If you were engaged to Enelya, i'd be asking questions, especially one that refers to you being the milkman who comes by every night when i'm at work RazzSurprised

As long as the lady in your house shows some leg, then i say, be your wife! Razz

I love the Gold Coast, been there once and had a blast. Its one of those places I can see my self living one of these days, but only if Enelya comes too Razz

Glad you love the gun game. If you have any suggestions feel free to let us know Smile
Back to top Go down
zeroffsignal

zeroffsignal

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:21 am

Hi Guys, ZeroFFSignal here, first things first I can't stop playing Gun Master, I try and try but just can't dammit!  I'm from the north side of Brisbane and work in the City as a Network Engineer.  I'm 34, married with 2 kids.  Researching the RCON side of BF3 has given me a new found respect for the commitment Server Admins have to the game.  Indeed you guys are Awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Comet
Admin
Comet

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:17 am

Hey ZeroFFSignal,
tis good to meet you! I hope you do enjoy the role. It can be an arse at times, but you get the hang of it.
I've been running and admin'n servers for over 7 years, with breaks in between. It does get tiresome, but you learn to love the responsibility. Used to run a couple clans and we had about 4 servers over 3 different games.
We don't really do much except try and monitor people and keep the cheats out, other then that, its all smiles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deekoy1958

Deekoy1958

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:29 am

Hi all. I'm David. 
I play as Deekoy1958 or at times on my daughters account deekay1958. I'm from Adelaide and I'm very, very, very old. (54) I too am addicted to Gun Master. 
My oldest daughter (16) just looked at what I am doing, she laughed and called me a total nerd. Sad 
I have had several professions over the years, currently I work on a casual basis as a Youth Worker.
I have a disability. My left arm/hand is quite damaged from a Motorcycle accident many years ago, but I do okay in game, using two fingers on the keyboard.
Thanks for running the server. Indeed you fellows are awesome.
Nice to meet everyone.
Back to top Go down
n0body_special

n0body_special

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 am

ha, and there I was thinking Deekay was a imposter!

I've got a mate who is a die hard juggalo - wouldn't mind a trip to the gathering one year either Cool
Back to top Go down
Comet
Admin
Comet

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi David, I'm David!

Nothing wrong with being a nerd. The irony is, 10-20 years ago, people who would be "nerds" would kinda live in the shadows. Now with the internet being crazy popular, we can shine Razz
Thats a cool job. I know a few youth workers who love it. Helping out or trying to help the younger generation.
All you need is two fingers on one hand and two on the other :PGlad you're good from the accident (despite the injuries you have)

I was thinking Deekay was a copycat, or perhaps a wife. Didn't occur to me a daughter Smile
We do as we must, and if that involves being awesome, then heck yeah! But in all seriousness, we want the server for the people by the people.

I'd love to goto a gathering too. I was going to head to sydney back when they came here, but had to work and couldnt get time off. I'm not die hard fan, but I like their stuff, and the work they do behind the scenes (all the charities they work with and donate to etc)

Trying to get pbbans sorted but they've extended our application because of the tags we wear (despite us not being a clan, they seem to think we are. Theres two of us who wear the tags, yet, they seem to insist we are a huge clan. Back in the earlier years, yeah sure, but now, we've disbanded etc)
Back to top Go down
zeroffsignal

zeroffsignal

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:54 am

Hi Deekoy,
Welcome mate, sorry to hear about the accident, I think you're doing quite well to still be here for one as most aren't that lucky.  On top of that you're a bloody good GM player, win, win!!

Darth, Your right about the swing of Nerdism with the explosion of technology and particularly social media.  Suddenly we're the popular guys becuase we can build pc's, setup a PVR and aquire tv shows on the web clown

Not sure PB is worth the effort to be honest.  Cheats are only annoying if they wipe the floor with everyone.  If someone is cheating we have a few channels for reporting.  PB just adds another possible fault layer and gamer annoyance.  Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Comet
Admin
Comet

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:20 pm

thats true. now everyone is an expert in the land though. i'm way behind compared to how i used to be, but thats okay. i'd rather people ask someone else for help then me now Razz
my thoughts with PB is a bit of yes and no. i love the concept of pbbans. its a massive database that bans players. the plus side is that you can cross reference players with other games, and see if they have been cheating. the downside is, the reference can also be wrong, ie, someone takes someone elses GUID and uses it to cheat in game, and gets the player banned. most admins dont check the IP's and match them, they're too lazy. i was always a paranoid admin so i would check everything before i made a decision. another problem is a lot of the dynamic IP's are thrown back into the grinder by the ISP's, and, if you are a noble, sexy, and awesome non hacker who happens to come across, a tyrant, butt sniffing hacker (even thought he correct term would be, cheater, but eh, its been lost through translation i suppose), then you're then accused of being a hacker. according to pbbans, i've been caught hacking on CoD black ops. never even played or installed that game on any PC i've ever had. which has lead me to believe, its kinda hopeless to pinpoint a cheat through that method. anyway i'm probably making no sense, just finished work and i feel like eating a shit load of pasta, but i know if i do, i'll have indigestion before i goto sleep.

deekoy, you should come be a admin!
Back to top Go down
zeroffsignal

zeroffsignal

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 1:31 am

All good mate, I understand PB and BF3 have separate GUID's and PB is basically a reference point(DB) across all games that subscribe to it. How do you get access to search the PB DB? I work with IP addresses all day everyday so it's no bother to me.

Good ol spoofing eh, glad to see the concept isn't lost on the game hacking scum also. Perhaps with IPv6 everyone will have a public static ip address that can be used 1:1 with a PB GUID in their DB. As it stands now with an exhausted IPv4 range, it's impossible to do this accurately because of NAT.

Yeah Deekoy, come over to the light side mate, it's good fun Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rexkicker

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:59 am

Hey all.

Just popped in to say hi!

rex Smile

Back to top Go down
Comet
Admin
Comet

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:48 am

the light side has maple syrup, the dark side, we got cookies!
Introduce Yourself Join-the-darkside2

Heya Rex, good to see you somewhere, where i cannot get my butt beat by you Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
n0body_special

n0body_special

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:03 am

I came for the Cookie, and like the Cake it appears to be a lie!
Back to top Go down
zeroffsignal

zeroffsignal

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Give me maple syrup any time, nectar of the gods, yuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Welcome to the fold Rex. I 2nd Darth's motion, you're bloody hard to keep up with on the GM battle field.
Back to top Go down
Comet
Admin
Comet

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:21 am

its no lie nobody, its just...that... i ate them already Very Happy
no refunds sorry Razz
Back to top Go down
n0body_special

n0body_special

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:15 am

damn, i was looking forward to it too - ready for a stomach pump?
Back to top Go down
Comet
Admin
Comet

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Easy way to lose some weight :p
Back to top Go down
303i

303i

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Hey Gents
I'm a veteran GM player (been playing since my first day), and have been playing on your server for quite a while now. I know a lot of GM vets on your server, and its pretty popular. Just popping in to say hi!

I'm personally Co-leader and Web dev of the Oceanic Crysis 2/3 and BF3 clan DooM.
Just a warning that the SiTH tag is used by Joint Strike Division in their Crysis area, and many of their members use the tag in BF3, so that may cause some confusion or conflict.

-303i
Back to top Go down
Comet
Admin
Comet

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Heya 303i.

Nice to meet you out of game. Been a victim of your asskicking Razz

I've never seen any other people using SiTH tag before. I used to run a clan called Sith Warlords back in 2003/4, but we disbanded in 2009/10. I'm figuring if this place does get going and in the future we have a BF4 server, we probably will pick a new name that the whole group decides on. We mainly use the tags SiTH which we've kept since that former clan, and back in SWTOR as well.
I'll be sure to take that into consideration though, thanks for letting us know, we don't want to cause hostility to any else out there. We might pick a more... Battlefield worthy name! Razz Though, would love to see some sith and jedi's cut loose on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
zeroffsignal

zeroffsignal

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:29 am

Welcome 303i!!
Back to top Go down
303i

303i

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:51 am

Thanks guys!
I also should've mentioned:
I'm Jaedyn
I'm 16, and live in WA.
By the looks of it, I'm the youngest of the lot here.
Back to top Go down
Comet
Admin
Comet

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 9:09 am

You probably have a more mature mentality then us though Razz
Well me anyway lol
Back to top Go down
Deekoy1958

Deekoy1958

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi, 303i. I think you stabbed me today:( Fun times:)

Regarding being an Admin, I honestly know nothing about this aspect of gaming. This is my first  online multiplayer foray. I've been playing single player since doom came out, on my trusty 486. Oh dear, thats nearly 20 years ago. I think I need a Bex and a lie down now. Sad
If you could fill me in about admining(?) duties, procedures,etc, I could make an informed decision. Ps I am in no way swayed by sweety treats. Smile
Back to top Go down
zeroffsignal

zeroffsignal

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Hey 303i, you certainly are mate, happy to have you onboard though, glad to see GM appeals to all generations.

It's easy as Deekoy, if the servers are busy, kick the high ping players. I tend to leave the Aussies and Kiwis alone and just boot the guys from far far away. I'm dubious about the Chinese players but their ping is usually under 200ms which isn't too bad.
I also issue a few warnings regarding language now and again, it seems to do the trick. No one has been stupid enough to talk back to me yet Smile
I normally run the admin tool Procon in the background when I play at night and keep an eye on it during the day at work. It's actually quite fun to see the good players on and gauge their mood by their comments. I highly recommend giving it a go to see the other side of the fence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Gun Master :: Welcome :: Welcome-
Jump to: